These are the basics of a content marketing strategy
Traditional forms of marketing are becoming a thing of the past, and new digital trends are ruling today. One of those trends is, indeed, content marketing. But what is content marketing?
It´s a form of marketing that focuses on spreading valuable, consistent, and relevant content to attract and keep a specific audience. For instance, one objective of content marketing is to create added value. Another goal is getting your target audience to shift from being loyal readers or users to customers. Consequently, they should be willing to put their hand in their pocket to purchase any of your products or services.
Content marketing allows your readers to truly get relevant and useful content that helps them in their daily lives. Do this instead of directly selling your products or services.
In addition, content marketing is used by many giant companies like Apple, Coca Cola, Volkswagen, and also several startups. And why do they use it? Because it works for them, of course.
There are three reasons why these companies are using content marketing strategies.
• Generate sales
• Save costs
• Get better and more loyal customers
In a context where millions of companies produce content every day, it´s crucial to stand out from the typical spam. You can achieve this by creating unique content that generates value.
Therefore, including content marketing in your overall marketing strategy is a must. Especially since good content is a fundamental part of any marketing strategy.
These are some of the fundamentals of good content marketing
• Social media marketing: Your content marketing strategy should come before your social media strategy.
• SEO: Search engines reward companies that publish quality content consistently.
• Public Relations (PR): The best public relations strategies address the issues that matter to your clients.
• PPC (Pay Per Click): Any PPC campaign needs excellent content that backs it up.
• Inbound marketing: Content is essential to generate traffic and sales.
• Content strategy: This refers to the planning, development, and management of informative or persuasive content that´s written or in other formats.
These are some other advantages of a good content marketing strategy, besides selling:
Literal translations sometimes work and sometimes don’t, depending on the languages translated and the sentence structure. For example, “The man runs very fast to win the competition” translates to “El hombre corre muy rápido para ganar la competencia”. As we already mentioned, this works in some cases but certainly not in all of them.
• Develops lasting relationships with your audience.
• Improves the visibility and recognition of your brand.
• Creates loyalty and trust with your current and potential customers.
• Helps you build authority and credibility.
• Ranks your business as an expert in your industry.
• Generates traffic to your site, which improves lead generation.
• Opens a communication channel through your website or social media.
• Provides value without any strings attached.
See all post